Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Swimming

Reason's for this newest ramble:
1. Caitlin said I never post anything (which is not true =).
2. I like to talk about stuff.
3. God is great!!!

Yesterday Laura and I continued our excercise regime (it is oh so strenuous) by swimming in the Poly Canyon pool. Can I just say that being able to swim outside in February is wonderful? Anyway, I was floating on my back in the pool while Laura swam her last few laps (Disclaimer: I already had gone to the gym and ran before this =) and I realized something. My view of the world is extremely limited. The sky was really clear, depite the fact that it was raining cats and dogs (unfortunatly not men) that morning, and I could see for miles up into the sky. Or so I thought. When I really thought about it, I wasn't seeing much at all. Our world is so much bigger then the one expanse of sky that I could see from where I was. I couldn't even see that far up to begin with, I only felt like I was looking outward forever. In context of our atmosphere, our solar sytem, and the universe I could see very little of God's creation. He is such a grand God and such an awesome King. What he has created and everything he rules over is beyond our wildest imagination. We are such a small part of his plan and his glory yet he loves us as his children. For being so small he places more importance on us then all the rest of his creation.

We talked about this idea of smallness last night at Bible Study. One of our leaders, Maureen, gave us a visual her dad uses. Basically we are all in a grand parade and God is in a blimp. He can see the beginning and end of the parade from his aerial view while we can only see the small part of the parade we are walking in. God knows everything about our lives and futures, where we can only begin to guess the wonderful plans he has for us. Once again our veiw is limited.

This is not a negative thing if we have the right perspective though. God is powerful and mighty and we need his grace like we need water and we should feel small if we are comparing ourselves to God's greatness. Not insignificant by any means, but small. He is our King, our Savior, our life, our Redeemer, our Creator, our God. We are his children, his creation, his love, his light, and his image. He loves us more then we can imagine and this is something to rejoice in! I love being small! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment