The first canvas is an idea that I have had for a while in order to use some of my old guitar strings (my mom knows that I never throw 'cool' stuff like that away =). I also love buttons and had a lot of cloth buttons in my collection. Some of the them are vintage buttons and others are from sweaters I have. I cut the hole out of the middle as an afterthought. Funny how projects evolve like that as you implement your ideas.
This next one is actually my first pair of TOMS. Turns out burlap doesn't hold together all that great when you wear it on your feet everyday. I love these shoes though so I thought I would embellish them and in turn keep them intact. So I embroidered them! I need to add more green but for now this is the almost finished product. =)
My most recent project, I finished yesterday. I got this idea for offset flowers on a canvas in church one sunday, go figure. I painted the canvas twice and this was my second idea after the first one failed (I added yellow paint without paying attention). The flowers are three different fabrics I fused onto interfacing to prevent fraying and make them more stiff. The pattern for the flowers came from Amy Butler and the button are actually corduroy button brads that I bought a while ago just because I loved them. Now three of them have a purpose. =) I also used embroidery floss to attached ribbons for the stems.