Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baking Tips

I forgot until today that I was going to share some Rice Crispie Treat making tips with you. The first is from my Grandma... use the microwave! It is so much easier then the stove and they come out gooier. Second, put 42-43 marshmallows for every 6 cups of Rice Crispies. The extra mallows make it softer. And lastly, mold them into something fun! To avoid molding it to your hands instead of the counter put water on your hands. The water melts the sugary marshmallow enough that it doesn't stick to your hands and it is super easy to form it letters or whatever. (ex: my Pat Little Band Rice Crispie Treats that I made for the last Campus Crusade of the year) I reccomend Rice Crispies because they take less then 20 minutes and the clean up is easy. Everything dissolves off the pans.
So go forth and bake!

1 comment: