Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Community

Community (according to Webster): a unified body of individuals; people with common interests living in a particular area; a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society
Fellowship (also according to Webster): a community of interest, activity, feeling, or experience; a company of equals or friends

I love that God works through all types of communities and is present in all fellowship. It is something that I have had to realize while transitioning back into the real world from my little bubble in Tahoe. Our group had such strong community there and you could easily find someone to hang out with and get into a deep spiritual conversation with just by walking out of your cabin. I was a constant state of spiritual growth and God centered conversation. It was amazing and it helped me realize the importance of asking the tough questions of people such as, "How is your walk with the Lord? Are you spending time with Him? What are you learning?" And losing that fellowship by leaving project was extremely tough for me. I felt like God got quieter and my world got louder. But that is where even more growth in the Lord and a new lesson came in. God was present in Lake Tahoe but just because that chapter of my life is done does not mean I left God behind.

God is just as present in my loud world of Temecula as he was in Tahoe and He will be just as much a part of my life in SLO when I go back to school. The people I am friends with here and at school create just as amazing of a community as I had this summer and I am learning from them too. It is harder to dig deep spiritually with people now that other things rob our focus from God but that does not mean I can't get deeper with people. God is just teaching me to be vulnerable with other people and be bold in asking my friends how their walks with God are. A different community doesn't mean less fellowship, it just means different growing experiences and more opportunities to follow the Lord's calling to be bold in my faith. I still share a common interest with the Christians around me here, therefore I still have community.


No comments:

Post a Comment