Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blessed

Today I spoke to my friend from home who is a freshman in college this year. While she has been a school for few months she doesn’t have very many friends and none of them are Christians. It has been really discouraging for her to feel so disconnected from the environment at Humboldt (which is very hippie oriented) and to not have a Christian community to be a part of. Talking to her once again reminded me of the importance of fellowship and having a solid group of friends that you can talk to about anything. My heart broke for her because I don't know where I would be without the friends I have at school. God truly blessed me by practically putting Christian friends on my doorstep. Let me explain... all of the parents had left and my roommate Ashlee (who was a huge blessing since I knew her from home) and I were sitting in our room wondering what we had gotten ourselves into when two sweet girls came by and asked us to dinner. We jumped at the chance to walk to Pepe Delgado's (a favorite of mine to this day) with the group they had gotten together. Little did I know that those two girls would be two of my closest friends years later. I can never thank Caitlin and Bailey enough for going out of their comfort zones to seek me out for my first meal alone at college. And I can never thank God enough for leading them to my door and for expanding my group of friends to encompass so many other precious people!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, that makes me seem much braver than I am. But I am so glad we did - love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops that was not my intention! But I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry...I was just missing you. which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete