Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Friday, October 30, 2009

Hot Metal and New Tricks

I wanted to try something new today. This lead me to the soldering kit I got for my birthday last year that has been sitting in my craft drawer for 6 months. "Four easy steps to solder your own jewelry!" it proclaims. But I would like to call shenanigans on the box and say it was way more then four. First I had to read pages of instructions on how to use all the equipment, how to properly clean the soldering iron, how to hold and clamp the pieces, and how to even do the four "simple" steps. In the end, after about an hour and a half, this is what I accomplished. It is lumpy, not entirely silver, and the blue fabric got singed because I heated it too much. But I am sort of proud of my little necklace. The next one I make will hopefully look a little more professional since I started to get the technique at the end when it was already too late. =)

 


 

3 comments:

  1. LoL Bailey, I was going to say you're going to run Lisa out of business :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha both of you... I am not even close to her caliber but I appreciate it! =)

    ReplyDelete