Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Monday, November 30, 2009

Patience in Baking

It might be that I just finished my research proposal and printed it (an act of finality when it comes to papers) or it might be that baking tends to be cathartic for me (I just made Rice Krispies for Crusade tomorrow) but either way I feel very relaxed right now. It's nice to have a calm in the storm.

While making dessert though this scene played out in my head and I thought I would share it with you all. Please don't judge me for thinking WAY into the future...
We are leaving for a party and one of my children informs me that he/she is supposed to bring a dessert. So I smile (this is an extremely idyllic situation), pull two bowls out of the cupboard, grab marshmallows and Rice Krispies, and snag a pan from another cupboard (I plan on having a well organized kitchen). I mix it all up, pour it in the pan, and we are out of the door in less then 10 minutes (granted there will be dishes waiting when I get home). It is a super mom moment (especially since in this scene I am super happy doing this last minute).

I don't know what made me think of this scenario but I think I will always have marshmallows handy when I am a mom. You just never know! I also think that I need to work on my patience in order to make this possible in the future. I can be a lacking in patience and have an overabundance of selfishness sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment