Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Name

I renamed my blog "Mustard Seeds" as some of you might have noticed. This mostly stems from the fact that I have always been fascinated by this verse (also on my blog): 
"...if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.'" (Matthew 17:20)
A mustard seed! Do you see how small one seed is? How much faith do I have in comparison to a tiny seed if I can't imagine ever being able to move a mountain? Now, I don't think God will ever call me to move a mountain but what about the things he does call me to? Do I have enough faith to live my life for him and know he will provide? Do I have enough faith to walk with him every day and trust in his power and love? Do I have enough faith to pray for big things to happen in my life and be a part of them when they do? Do I have enough faith to______ (fill in the blank)? That is why I renamed my blog. I want to find mustard seeds of faith in my daily life and I want to share that journey of faith with people. I want purpose when writing this blog and I think redesigning it is a good way to remind myself of the focus, my Savior!!! =)
 




















Picture taken by Laura De La Rosa.

2 comments: