Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Offering Grace

"This, then, is how you should pray:
'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
For if you forgive men when they sin against you,
your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men their sins,
your Father will not forgive your sins."
- Matthew 6:9-15

Sin. Such a heavy word.
But we are all called to forgive it in others.
We are called to set aside our grudges and frustrations because we all have them. And mistakes? We all make them. We do not deserve forgiveness any more then the next person but God calls us to forgive those who sin against us. Luckily that isn't the end of the story. We are not left lost and sinful and full of hurt. We are rewarded for absolving people of their mistakes against us by receiving God's pardon. God's pardon! Can you even imagine? Imagine what it took for him to give us that forgivness? How much pain it caused him to be separated from his father with our sins heaped upon his head to relieve us of our pain? I can't. I cannot even come close to imagining because my pain and my hurts are so small. The things I hold grudges about are so tiny (Which doesn't mean he doesn't care about them. He does.) compared to the suffering he went through to rescue me. In light of this how could I not forgive others? With Jesus' forgiveness in my life nothing should ever hold me back. Besides, I need forgivness from people ALL the time too. So I should be all the more willing to offer forgivness to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment