Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Belonging

[written last night]
I turned in my paper and practically ran out the door to come bake cookies at my Grandma's house. Pounds of sprinkles and a few scoops of dough (in my belly) later, I am sitting here waiting for dinner. It smells soooo good and I can't wait to eat something other then sugar. (Did I mention I am drinking Dr. Pepper? Life is so good.)

[written today]
Not only was making and eating Christmas Cookies wonderful (I am very much in the spirit now.) but the conversation I had with my Grandma was the biggest blessing of the day (maybe even of the past few weeks).
Background: After thanksgiving break I was really disheartened by my idea that my family doesn't understand me. I feel like they just don't get where I am coming from most of the time. This is not a new struggle for me but one that I haven't encountered to this extreme in a long time.

Well God decided to once again debunk Satan's lies in my head. This time through my Grandma. We talked about life and our hearts and our struggles while she rolled out the dough and I sprinkle-decorated wreaths, poinsettas, airplanes, and Santa's many beards. Come to find out, she completely gets me! One conversation topic after another she explained to me exactly what was on my heart because it is exactly her heart as well. At age 73 she is feeling the exact same way I am feeling at age 20. I can't even explain how amazing it was. I guess I am not adopted after all. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment