Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What Matters Most

College is flying by and all of the details and small memories are disappearing with it. I don't remember all the conversations I have had, all the laughs, or all of the excursions I have been on. But I do remember some things. And those memories are easy to categorize because they are the moments where God has romanced me and when he has showed up in my life. I can easily relive the lessons he has taught me and the lies he has revealed in my life. I can look back and see my walk with the Lord weaving in and out of my experiences. I realized today that these are the things that will continue on after I graduate, after I get a job, and through the rest of my life. The sweater I wanted at the mall, the argument I got in with my sister yesterday, ans the grade I got on my essay won't last in my memories. But the times I surrender my control to the Lord, the times I freely praise him, the way he wants to teach me something in everything I do will. Those are the things that matter. Investing in clothes, facebook, and people (when I use them as an excuse to not spend time with God) does not honor the Lord. They do not bring me closer to God and make my walk with him better.

So when choosing what to do with my break I keep hearing God tell me...
"Spend it with me." "Sit in my presence." "Come and be satisfied." "Make me your priority."
And when I think of going back to school and work for the new quarter I hear...
"Don't dread it, rely on me." "Don't be complacent, I matter!" "Know that I am God."

So what am I going to do with my break? Go on dates with Jesus or watch recorded reruns of CSI? Sadly I spent longer in front of the tube then with Jesus today but for the rest of break...
I hope I pick Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment