Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Facial Expressions

As I walked to work today I passed a girl that was smiling. Not because she was on the phone, not because she saw something really cool, just smiling. I don't know what she was thinking about or if something amazing had just happened to her. All I know is that her smile didn't fade the whole time I saw her. I never walk and smile. My face is mostly vacant when I am speed walking to my next destination. Her smile was amazing though! It sadly seemed out of place since we rarely smile for extended periods of time (unless we are with someone or laughing). But I loved it! I loved that she was so happy that she had to smile while walking and she didn't care what anyone thought. I know it brightened my day and I can only wonder how much more happy I would be throughout the day if I took the time to smile even when walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment