Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being Full

I go to God when I am in a bad mood. I go to God when I am frustrated. I go to God when I am saddened with singleness. I go to God when I feel lost, confused, hollow.

Why do I try to use God for quick fixes of happiness?

He is not in my life solely to make me happy and content. He is in this world because He created it for His glory, because He chooses to use us for His kingdom (He doesn't need us to do this), because He loves us enough to be jealous of our attention.

He deserves to be sought. Not used. And not because I want to feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Honestly, I have a very uneducated view of why God is who He is and why He does what He does. I just know that He is not here so I can ignore Him until it is convenient for me to spend time with him. He deserves more then me coming to him just so I can be filled enough to get me through the week.

1 comment:

  1. "he deserves to be sought. Not used."
    i really like this idea. it against the idea of using God as a life line we pull on when ever we are in trouble.

    he wants our attention when are having good time because he is the reason we are having them.

    ReplyDelete