Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pre - Natural Self

I have finished Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and it is bittersweet. I have more of his books coming in the mail and I am very excited to be able to jump into them right when they arrive but I feel like I shelved a dear friend when I finished this book. I have posted a lot of quotes from Mere Christianity but they are by no means everything that spoke to me or that I enjoyed. Every page taught me something and I really really encourage you to read it. Really.
My last post was a very long peiced together section from the book and I apologize for the length but it was all so good and tied so well together that I could only omit a few lines here and there. Feel free to read it! I will leave you with one last quote cooresponding to the longer section I just posted:

By making us perfect, "[...] I think He meant, 'The only help I will give is help to become perfect. You may want something less; but I will give you nothing less.'" (201 Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis)

No comments:

Post a Comment