Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Eye Surgery

On my heart today: my Grandma.

Before thanksgiving my Grandma (who lives in Templeton) had eye surgery and it didn't work. In fact, it made her sight much worse to where the eye they operated on is completely blurry. So she went in for a cornea transplant today at UCLA. According to my dad, who I am on the phone with right now, it went well and she is waiting to see the doctor an hour after the surgery to check things. We don't know if she can see yet since it is all covered up but I am praying that she will have her sight back, she wants it back so badly.

I got to pray with her over the phone last night and it was amazing. I love that she has the Lord to rely on and that he is a God of healing and peace. If you think about it she could use prayer for healing and prayer for the doctor's wisdom in this time of recovery. Also, my Grandma is nervous that she will be seeing through a different person's eye and she is affected by the idea that someone had to die to give her sight. She brought up that she had been thinking of the family of that person and that people could have been affected by that person's death. So prayer for the family of the person who's cornea my Grandma is getting would be appreciated by her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment