Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Healing Prayer

Caitlin asked me the other day if I would be willing to go on a prayer walk around campus and pray for healing. I thought this was random to be honest but I like the idea of letting God do mighty things. So I have been trying to live in that more. And I have found that praying for healing is incredible! Two examples:
*Rachel's sinus infection/horrible head pain - The worst pain was gone right when I prayed with her over it.
*Kellye's cold - Prayed with her last night so no news yet but laying my hands on and praying for her head was so cool. She was encouraged and I could feel God listening.

Other prayer requests for healing have been popping up too and we have been praying for them but even without instantaneous answers the idea is amazing. God cares about these things and wants us to bring them before him. We shouldn't limit his activity in our lives by not being willing to pray for the miracles he can/will perform. I am not saying everyone we pray for will be healed but healing is possible. So why not ask God to work in that way?
James 5: 13-16
"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

No comments:

Post a Comment