Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Friday, February 19, 2010

In Memory

Work (at a customer service job) is not the time to grieve and yet that is what I find myself doing. So I am going to write about it instead of crying in this dang parking booth. I can process that part of my reaction later. Blogging will hopefully keep me composed for the time being. So, yesterday my dad's great/my family's close friend William passed away. Being such a big part of our small church and family made him incredibly dear to my heart as well.

I can say so many things about him and his heart for the Lord. For one, he was a great friend and in a way a discipler to my dad. He challenged my dad to be bold and they talked about God and how he fit into their lives as men a lot. For me, William was always stoked for my mission trips and whatever else I was up to. I always felt treasured as a daughter by him. He was incredibly encouraging and uplifting to everyone he came into contact with. He worked hard and put 100% of his effort into everything he did, including his family. He was selfless. He has three kids in their 20's and 30's and an amazing wife whom I greatly respect. He taught the youth group at our church on Sundays and he was an elder figure in our congregation. Big Willy was a G. =)

I probably don't even to mention that this situation needs major prayer. This family needs to be swamped by God's peace and love right now and I would love it if you could pray for the Joseph family if you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment