Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Trip

Meet Spencer. He has a comb over, a mustache, buck teeth, a scandy V-tee, and a sassy arm on his hip. He beats frosty any day.
 
  
  
 We are missing all the snowboarders in the picture below but here is most of our group.
  
I went with The Rain, a college group with Calvary SLO, to Reno this weekend to stay at Andrew's house and have an amazing weekend in the snow. There are so many things that made the weekend incredible but here are some of them:
1. Epic sledding, snow ball fights, snow men, and Ice Skating!
2. Great food (always a plus)
3. Driving to Tahoe and seeing the lake I grew to love this summer (It made me miss my friends from Summer Project horribly though)
4. Driving in the infamous shuttle bus
5. Time away from my cell phone, school, and work
6. Being with family even though they were not mine. Being accepted into these new families was refreshing for all of us I think.
7. Devotional time in the mornings where God spoke to me exactly where I was at.
8. Worship and the joy behind everyone singing their hearts out to the Lord. It was worshipful just to listen to the group praising God with music.
9. Our sharing time on Sunday night where everyone was vulnerable and encouraging to one another. Most amazing night of community building ever! I was wonderful to see God's body in action as everyone came together and loved on each other even more after people shared their biggest struggles and prayer requests.
10. Time to journal and battle out some things with God. His patience and love saturated my heart this weekend.
11. Getting roses and being serenaded by the guys on valentine's day.
11. Catching up with friends and being able to pray for them over the phone.
12. Crazy long car rides with Arnold Schwarzenegger laugh offs, great music, sketchy gas stations, great conversations with new people, and deep discussions with friends.

1 comment: