Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Book Quote: The Last of the Mohicans

It is high time I get something else on my blog instead of these pictures of Gollum that pop up first thing when you click on my page. =) Love him but I can see how it could be a little disconcerting to some people.

So I will introduce my newest idea for my blog. I have been wanting to have a series that I do every week to have something consistent in my blog. My friend Christy just started Foreign Fridays (where she watches a Foreign Film every week and reviews it) and some of the other blogs I follow have weekly giveaways or weekly guest bloggers. In light of the fact that I love reading and always find something cool in the books I am reading, I am going to have a "Book Quote of the Week." Catchy title hopefully to come later... <*crosses fingers*>.

This week I am finishing up Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper. If you were wondering, it is nothing like the newest movie. This was a slight disappointment to me when I realized the movie's love story was completely missing about half way through the 400 pages. It is still a good book despite that but not one I strongly recommend. To get on with it....the quote of the week is: 

"Think over your prayers," he whispered, as they approached him; "for He to whom you make them knows all tongues; that of the heart as well as those of the mouth." - Hawkeye

I know. I know. It is so exciting that you could hardly stay in your chair. Don't be too anxious for next week's quote though. I wouldn't want you losing sleep over the suspense. =)

2 comments:

  1. You my friend, get a great big cookie! Clever blog idea, and the shout out made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I am glad it made you happy. I considered asking first but didn't... obviously =)

    ReplyDelete