Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Girls Bible Study

I love my Bible Study. We have been together through a lot. Some of us for three years, some of us for two. And last night was our last Bible Study with our leaders. My lovely discipler, Hannah McKnight, is graduating, going to Sacramento, and becoming Hannah Sherman in less then a month! Mo (Maureen) Malone is graduating and leaving us to join Teach for America in inner city Florida for two years. Two amazing women with two incredible adventures to match. =) They will be very missed.

Last night was bittersweet. I ate too many cake cookies (devil's food and funfetti!) and got high off of permanent markers but those are the not the things I will remember even a week from now. I will remember instead Hannah's adorable face when we handed her the camping cooler (from her registry) and gift card we got her, Mo telling hilarious stories about boys, piling on the couch to take pictures with Hannah and Mo both on my lap, seeing the love in our study and feeling my heart overflow with joy, cuddling with Bailey Caitlin and Laura, knowing all of these girls have had a lasting impact on my life, and knowing Hannah and Mo (and Natalie who is leaving for El Salvador for a year) are in God's hands and are embarking on a wonderful new chapter in their lives! ♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Our Bible Study has been SUCH a blessing these last three years. Seriously, it is amazing how open and accepting our Bible Study is. New people have come and joined and felt so so loved. It is a blessing from God that we have not become "cliquey" and that we have created a community of vulnerability. I will always remember your random encouraging notes Steph!! And your fear of boys :)

    ReplyDelete