Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Garage Sale-ing

Yesterday I went with two of my girlfriends all over north county looking for furniture to restore (me), old suitcases/antique frames (Carly), and retro decor/records (Christianna). One awkward estate sale, a few lame garage sales, and fifty arrow-less directional signs later I found something. Not the furniture I was looking for but something amazing none-the-less. I looked in a cardboard box labeled "Free Stuff" not expecting to see anything worthwhile but to my surprise I found a whole bag of wine corks!
It was the only thing I found out of all the sales we went to but it was worth it. I love the cork with the wax seal on the top. I don't know how it remained intact but I am excited to see what it turns into. Come to think of it, you are also probably wondering what the heck these corks will turn into. =) I have an awesome cork necklace that my mom's friend made and I am hoping to make something as creative with them without stealing her idea. I really have no ideas past that but I recommend having random materials sitting in your craft arsenal anyway. You never know what you can use them for.

No comments:

Post a Comment