Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Inspiration from Apis Mellifera

I have a story:

I had work at the crack of dawn yesterday.
I was tired and cold and wanted to go home.
I was reading the January edition of "The American Bee Journal."
There were bees flying around on occasion.
I rescued one from a spider web.
Then she came.
Covered from head fuzzies to toes in pollen.
Bright yellow.
Beautiful.
Inspiring.
I smiled, wiped the beginnings of tears from my eyes, and thanked God for her.
For a present that not many people would understand.
For reminding me that I have a passion for these little girls for a reason.
For giving me something to rejoice in. 
For refreshment, contentment, Joy.

(she held still long enough for me to take pictures with my cell phone and for me to study her up close)

No comments:

Post a Comment