Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Saturday, September 10, 2011

More of God's Love

They Shall Be My People; I Will Be Their God
“I will bring them back to this place, and I will make them dwell in safety. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul.’”
Jeremiah 32:36-41

God has been reminding me of his covenant promises this week. My last post was revealed to my today but this verse is something I discovered a few days ago. Think about this passage for a second... read it over a few times... have you let it sink in yet? If not, do it now... I will wait. If you have digested these verses for yourself a little bit, let me tell you how powerful it was for me.

Earlier in this chapter God's people are shown as having thoughts and actions that were blatantly against God and all that He has done for them. They defiled his name and ignored his love. So God gently rebukes their behavior and exiles them to a life of misery... Sounds fitting right? But God doesn't do that. Instead of misery all they get is a gentle rebuke and then blessings beyond imagining. In their years of rejecting God they were friendless, so God have them citizenship in his family. They were also homeless and lost, so God gave them land and safety. But above all of these incredible provisions God gave them this: His entire heart and soul dedicated to doing them good. 

Can you imagine all of God's heart and soul? How big and wonderful that is? How all encompassing that is of his greatness? It blows my mind that the creator of everything we know of and everything we have yet to know, offered all of himself for our good. OUR GOOD! And He does it with rejoicing! I don't even rejoice about loving my mom sometimes and I love her more than I could express. But God, with all of his wisdom of our faults and sins, covenant promises that he will care for us with ALL that he is. I'll leave you now to bask in that truth.

1 comment:

  1. So good!! That was a really cool verse and connection! It is really cool to see the truths that God is teaching you and blowing your mind. i pray that this never stops for you! :)

    ReplyDelete