Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Becoming Equipped

I have been absent from my blog these past few weeks. Hello Blog. I missed you. But not as much as I have been missing God and not even knowing it. Not until I realized I am heading into a tough season in my life where I need to be relying on the Lord. So I have been talking with him more lately and seeking his word more. And in a way I never have, I feel transformed by the Holy Spirit.

So what am I preparing for? Culiacan, Mexico. Six weeks of daily evangelism and service in a Mexican city filled with people who have never heard the gospel. And I can tell you with conviction that Satan is going to hate it. So I am anticipating spiritual warfare but am also so excited to see God move. He has been giving me scripture and promises and words that speak to me so strongly to my heart and I feel truly blessed. I feel a renewed and new desire to seek God throughout my day and read my bible over other books I have on my list.

The warfare inside and outside of me is already starting and I have been discouraged this week as well as increibly blessed. To see God come through powerfully and faithfully makes the discouragement worth it. It is worth is to grow in Christ and to rely on him for literally everything in my life. This verse just came to my mind: James 1:2-4 - "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing"


Here is a map to help you visualize where we are going. The top heart is where I live in Porvenir, Baja California. The bottom heart is where we are traveling to for six weeks in Culiacan, Mexico. This will the be the farthest south I have ever been in Mexico! First however, I have two weeks of prep in Mexico, a week of Amanda's wedding stateside, and then my flight to meet my team in Culiacan!

No comments:

Post a Comment