Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Ideas of Missions

Global Recordings Network (the mother organization of Proyecto Culiacan) is all about reaching every tongue and nation. So there is a huge focus on indigenous tribes around the world. Entonces, my eyes were opened to the idea of being a missionary to an unreached people group in a whole new way. In turn, (there are a lot of connections) my ideas of where God could send me were opened up and I have started thinking outside of my mission box.

Part of this has to do with what I already wanted to do. Through a lot of conversations with God and a lot of prompting on His part I have finally relinquished Haiti and my dreams of working/living there completely into His hands. He could send me there eventually, and believe me I would be stoked if He did, but I am also ok now with being sent anywhere. And I realized that my heart for Haiti is not gone, it is just back in the right place as secondary to God and his plans. My heart is God’s again and the Haitian people are no longer idols in my life. I still have a burden on my heart that leads me to pray for the country often but I am no longer tied to Haiti as my only path of following God.

The same day that I gave God control of my life and my future, He provided proof that I can still have a heart for the Haitians even if I never go there. I was listening to a Brad Paisley song (go figure) that, combined with something we drove by, triggered a memory of Haiti in a profound way. I don’t even know what the memory was since it happened so fast in my head but I was hit deep. I found myself crying and unable to articulate a prayer other than, “Please God. Please. Please move in Haiti. Please.” I could sense God interpreting my heart for me, since he knows my heart better than I do, and interceding for me in a powerful way. He knows that I want a revival in Haiti, he wants it too. And God knows that I love the Haitians more powerfully than I can put into words, because he loves them more. The experience of crying out with God for Haiti made me think of this verse: Romans 8:26-28 --
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is in the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

I am so glad that God can intercede for me and interpret my heart for me. And I am also glad that my heart is back in its proper place before God, at his feet.

In other news, I might stay at Ventana another year. This is a huge step for me because I was completely against it at the beginning of the year as I argued with God that he had to send me to Haiti. Nothing is official; I am just considering it since I feel I could be really effective as a second year intern having a year under my belt already. But please be praying for God to guide me! I will be praying for all of you too, since who doesn’t need more of God’s guidance! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment