Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, June 21, 2012

What was lost...

As some of you already know, my computer was stolen a few weeks ago in Mexico. We were at the beach for the day during our last weeks at Ventana and when we got back to the car it didn't take me long to put the broken safety glass together with the empty space my computer had been in to realize we were robbed. In all, four computers, an iPhone, headphones, a backpack, and an external hard drive were taken.

My computer had to be plugged into the wall to work so I was due for a new one soon anyway but the other three who lost their computers had recently bought or received their computers for Christmas. It was a hard thing to deal with but I was blown away by the eternal perspective that everyone had even right after we arrived at the car. Robby recognized it was all just stuff and didn't matter in the long run even though he lost the most. He even joked that it was less to pack. Jason and Monique (my fellow interns) also lost their computers but were ready to trust God with the situation the moment it happened.

But the story doesn't stop there. I know God has a plan to replace the things lost as we need them. He obviously had things to teach us through this. For me, it was losing my To Do list and letting go of control and the things I fill my time with that are not of Him. I also had to trust him with the couple other documents I lost (the rest was backed up on my external hard drive at home) and letting Him work to provide for me... more on that next.

It was a long day with four hours in the police station with a mean/angry public service agent but at the end of the day I was able to have fish tacos for dinner and I was reminded that everything we have on they earth is from God and for God. He is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment