Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Friday, September 28, 2012

Disciples

“Making disciples is not an easy process. It is trying. It is messy. It is slow, tedious, even painful at times. It is all these things because it is relational. Jesus has not given us an effortless step-by-step formula for impacting the nations for his glory. He has given us people, and he has said, “Live for them. Love them, and serve them and lead them. Lead them to follow me, and lead them to lead others to follow me. In this process you will multiply the gospel to the ends of the earth.” -David Platt 

This quote has given me perspective so many times this year already. I wrote it in my journal over the summer knowing God would use it and this week I shared it with my staff. Whether you are in a ministry like mine where you are overtly discipling students or not, the difficulties and mess of working with people exists. But take heart, we are all flawed and all tired at times but we are still called to love on one another and guide each other towards the Lord... and we can so it! Despite the difficulty of the process. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment