Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Monday, April 15, 2013

Sweet Reminders

God is not only Faithful, He is Faithful to remind us that He is Faithful. I sadly often forget that He is. Faithful, according to Merriam-Webster, implies unswerving adherence to a person or thing or to the oath or promise by which a tie was contracted or a steady and unwavering course in love, allegiance, or conviction. God truly is unwavering in His love and allegiance to those who follow Him and He is unswerving in His dedication to us. Ways I have been reminded of this in just this month have been numerous but none so memorable as a morning a few weeks ago:

I went on a run to clear my head of all the clutter swirling around in it. It was a very still, quiet day and I made my way through the fields of newly sprouting buds. I couldn’t hear much more than the crunch of my shoes and my breath as I ran down the riverbed. My running partner, the boxer Mali, was calmer than normal and she ran along with me instead of chasing the few birds that chirped around us. About halfway down the river bed I found myself praying over fifty things at the same time, so much for clearing my head! It was probably the best I have ever ran since my mind was so far from thinking about my sore calves and hurting lungs... not to mention how, within the span of a mile, my mind had gotten yards away from the calmness of the morning. I turned the corner for my last dirt road home when I felt God break through my chaos. A breeze had picked up against me and I looked up to see an incredibly beautiful morning sun warming up the plants in their neat rows and horses mulling around behind wood fences. I stopped. I cried. And I heard God say to my heart, “I got this.” In that instant, He spoke into every one of my worries, every one of my doubts, and every one of my fears. “You’ve got this,” I told Him. I stood there catching my breath from running and being overwhelmed by His response. The wind died down again and I ran home with my head calm to match the morning. 

God is unswerving in His promises.
God is steady and unwavering in His love.
God is strong in His allegiance.
God is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment