Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The End of My Soccer Career

I played indoor soccer. I got aggressive (probably to compensate for lack of skill). I stepped on the ball. I rolled my foot. I ended up on the ground. I hobbled off the court with my arm around my coach. 

I didn't walk for two days. I started hobbling around. Walked on it for two weeks. I played softball and ran. I felt ok-ish. 

I went to SLO. My grandparents were concerned (with reason). They took me to their physical therapist who saw me for free. He told me I had torn ligaments or a broken bone. I got an x-ray with another doctor. My foot was broken. Generous grandparents paid for visit. I was given orders to wear a boot for 6 weeks. I have two weeks left.

Still not 100%. Sick of the boot. Want to run. Trying to be good. Can't wait for the 11th! Getting back into shape is going to stink. Need a patient running partner. Kimberly be ready. 

Grandma driving the gimp to the physical therapist.
 Turns out it was broken! Sorry foot!
Boot donned for 6 weeks!
 It's quite the fashion statement... don't you agree?
Patterned Socks + Boot = Patterned Legs (no bueno) 

No comments:

Post a Comment