Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Decision-less Update

I get the question a lot from people, "what now?" As it nears the end of summer I ask myself this one daily. But what do you say when you don't have a plan, or a next step, or anything concrete to offer? I usually say I am waiting to see what God provides. These past couple weeks however, I have changed my tactics. I have looked at the doors before me that appear to be open... and I am walking through them.

What this means is that I have seen God provide places for me to step out in faith and I am now prayerfully taking those steps. So far I have had a no, a maybe, and a go for it. So I am not returning to Mexico, I am applying to Global Recordings Network, and I am flying out to Florida on Sunday to check out I-TEC. As I go on these faith journeys I am realizing that there is a lot to be learned from letting the Lord lead in the midst of action. I spent a great two months of summer seeking God's plans with no sure answers. I don't feel those months were wasted. Now I am in a month of actively seeking the things that God revealed to me in that time and even with the uncertainty still at play, I don't feel my actions are wasted either.

I would greatly appreciate your prayers this next week as I venture to the other end of the US of A to see if the Florida door is open or closed. Either way, I am excited to be able to experience a part of missions history by visiting I-TEC. I am also curious to see how this Southern Californian reacts to the humidity. And I am very much encouraged by the support I have received to get there. Thank you for buying apple pies everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean :) I'm praying for you sweet friend and can't wait to hear how everything goes. Florida is awesome, one of my roommates is from Florida and my other roommate is moving to Florida in a month. Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Praying for you! Excited to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For us, I'm sorry that Mexico is a "no". We'll certainly miss you around here. BUT we know God has great plans for you and are excited to see where He's leading you. Thanks for the post. Prayers for your trip and decisions.

    ReplyDelete