Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Impacted by the Word: Part 3

By the end of looking at David and Samuel's stories I figured I was done for the day. But then I started reading my usual book of the Bible and opened to Luke 22. God had one more example for me, it was easily the most powerful.

Here, Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, brings home the idea of trust in the more modern context of the New Testament. He reminds us of the New Covenant of Salvation in Luke 22:20, giving us the chance to see His love and perfect sacrifice for us. Then he goes on to show us, that on top of giving us life eternal, we are also given everything else. Verse 23 reveals the disciples' answer that they have lacked nothing in their service to God. Sent out with nothing, they lacked nothing.

All of this shows me that we are more than well provided for. And my only response to being reminded that all of my needs, desires, and eternal life are provided for is... peace.

What a trustworthy God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment