Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Friday, November 15, 2013

In Living Color

To avoid an overly long explanation of the past two months in Florida, I am going to take you through a journey in pictures. From cross-country road trip to today...
Welcome to my beautiful new state!

To get here, we had to make some stops along the way. This is the river walk in San Antonio...
...and this is my dad's hotel from when he would fly to New Orleans. 
We had to stop and get beignets at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans... 
...and of course I had to get my first taste of grits.
 After getting here I found my new favorite place for produce. I stop by at least once a week.
 I also made friends, this is Dexter. We like to chat.
 These sweet ladies are Sherylyn and Lexi. =) 
 At work, I get to fly in powered parachutes (I am starting my pilot's license this week)...
...and I get to edit videos and learn a ton about media.
 I am also making myself try new things in the kitchen (it was spaghetti squash this week)...
...as well as new fashion trends with my co-workers (Ron and Trina). 
 I have new roommates...
 and I love them (this is Trina again).
 I also have adventures in our town of Ocala (Art Festival with Sherylyn)...
 and local historical towns like St. Augustine.
 This is the oldest fort in America...
and it was truly impressive!!! 
I still get packages that remind me of home (my mom designed and made this quilt for us!)... 
...and moments where I am truly excited for the fall weather. 
We have parties where we dress up... 
 ...and bond with all sorts of unique characters.
 I go on trips with work, that involve transporting flying cars...
...and then taking pictures of them.
Trips together mean bonding. We were packed into this truck for days (this is Brian, the media director).

 Turns out I love boiled peanuts...
 ...and Kentucky.
Did I mention I am learning a lot about Media?...
 Proof right here in an interview with Brian Fikkert, author of "When Helping Hurts."
 Brian and I designed our new booth for the conference. Paul and Gene (not pictured) helped us make it a reality.
 I wish we had these in Florida.
 Here are some more lovely people at a free NeedtoBreathe concert...
...and here are some other barely recognizable folks. Pink, the Mexican, is from China. I love her to pieces. Sherylyn was Big Bird.
Can't forget this one! This is Brian's family and I, we barley got out of that corn maze!

Happy Fall to Everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment