Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Christmas Break

I have many people to thank for the incredible three weeks I spent at home for Christmas. It was refreshing, rejuvenating, reviving and all those other lovely R words. But I will shorten the story once again and regale you with a tale of pictures.

From the first green tea and security check I was more than ready to go home. The best parts of my trip, however, were the people...
First, the parental units. With cookies from my Aunt we were very happy indeed.
 Second, I was blessed to celebrate the wedding of Cassie with some of my favorite ladies.
 And Christmas Eve found Chelsea and me enjoying these little ones and the tunnels by my house.
Christmas Eve Service finished out the day. I am so blessed by the ladies in my family. 
 
 Then after a family Christmas morning, we were off to see The Hobbit. Not a good choice. But I love these two!
I even was able to reunite with my Mexico roommate, Monique, for the first time in over a year...  that made my heart very happy. 
I got an early jump on summer with my Brother-in-Law and his amazing berries when I was home too.
Another movie night with my Grandma, I am so glad I was able to catch up with her. It made Christmas complete.
 My dad and I even got cross-cultural and were able to teach Sasha, from Ukraine, how to ride dirt bikes. Turns out he was pretty good at it already.
 I even got my great friend Chelsea, missionary in Ukraine, to get on a bike. I am so proud. =)
Painting pottery with this beauty, Sabrina Meyers, brought me clarity and wisdom. It was a blessing!
 Chelsea, my kindred spirit and Ukraine missionary, is my better half. =) God has put her in a very special place in my life. Our journeys parallel each other's and it is always incredible to be in the same country together.
 The last hoorah I had before returning here was a day trip to Mexico with my dad. Here he is enjoying Sopes (one of our favorites).
I even was able to attend my Mexico church and that was wonderful in many ways. I was blessed to be with so many people I love, worshipping in the language I love. It was hard to leave. 
 One last Temecula outing with my missionary friends, and I was ready to depart.
After all that, it was back to Florida! I was actually ready for it and that is the best part of the trip. God prepared my heart to be ready for the re-transition and I feel even more peace about being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment