Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

See You Later Alligators!


It's officially official. As of this Thursday (the 20th) I am saying goodbye to the alligators of Florida to go hang out with the anacondas of Ecuador. (Not that I have or plan to see either of those in the wild.)

For the next five weeks I-TEC's Media team, meaning my boss Brian and I, will be teaching film and digital storytelling to a group of 30 local Christ-followers in Shell, Ecuador. Our good friend Dianne Becker will be joining us for the training as well and I am excited to galavant around Ecuador with her. =)

A quick rundown, since you are sure to be inundated with my stories later, is this:

What: A four week training course to train local believers in how to tell God-stories to the world through film.
When: February 20th - March 29th
Where: Shell, Ecuador at the I-TEC Ecuador base (this is the town that the five missionary martyrs were based out of... hence the reason we have a training center there)
Why: Our desire is to enable the local church to share God-stories, with both the church and non-believers, in creative and appealing ways. As the world becomes more technological, the church has the amazing opportunity to reach more people by utilizing that technology. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a short film can be worth a million! 
My Job: Translating, teaching a social media course, translating, helping the students while they work on projects, translating, and translating. Needless to say I can use a ton of prayer!!! (Please keep reading.)


Please Pray!
For my brain to be able to hear, speak, and organize words effectively in order to translate the classes from English to Spanish (a new challenge for me) and then translate the other way for the students to communicate back with the teachers. I have a lot of work ahead of me that I feel inadequate to accomplish. I sense a lot of humility and God's strength being needed pronto! Also pray for the students that are coming to the classes. They will have stories of their own and I pray we can walk alongside them effectively. Our whole team can use prayer for unity and strength as well. Thank you, your prayers mean more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment