Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, April 10, 2014

My First IFILM Training

We went to Ecuador to train 27 students in film, audio, and storytelling. It was amazing. And hard. And incredible. And fun. To sum it up best, here is a letter from Galo, the head of I-TEC Ecuador, to Steve Saint about the IFILM training. I was encouraged by what he said and hope you will be too. Your support and prayers make you just as much a part of this team as we are!

Steve,
I just wanted to pass on to you a small report of how the I-FILM course went and if you think it's worthwhile you could inform the Board, and Stephanie could probably translate for me. (Steve did the translation.)
There were five weeks of training, 27 very enthusiastic students, three instructors (Brian, Diane, and Zack from Columbia) and two translators (Stephanie and Vivi from Columbia).

It was a great pleasure to be part of this team and as I mentioned before, it was incredible to see that the students came looking for us on this occasion to ask for the training and not, that we went looking for the students to train as has been our experience in the past. 

I want to thank everybody that participated specially because they had to give classes twice a day, in the morning from 9 to 11 AM and in the evening from 6 to 8 PM every day plus the practicums on Saturday. It was very intensive. 

I am very sorry that I failed to give (the rest of you Board) the information with respect to the training of four non-Christians – but I think in this case that the testimony of our daily lives made it very worthwhile.  I do think there are occasions when we can make this exception. (Galo, the entire board agrees with you)

The course concluded with a film festival in which six or seven videos, of a very impressive quality, were shown. There were commentaries, documentaries, paper puppets for children, the subject of Missions was covered, as well as young peoples lives and the problems they face.

In six of the videos the plan of salvation was made very clear. I don't think there was a single person at the festival that could hold back tears. At least one video was beyond our expectations.

Thanks to this training course, an IFILM  club has been formed. There is a pastor who will be leading the club, so you see this project isn't over.  There are a bunch of people interested in doing big things to tell people about Christ (as a result of this project)
In closing, I think it was a good decision to have this course. And isn't it great that something that was a tool used only for ITEC now is a tool that has been shared with more than 20 Christ followers who are already starting to use it in ministry.

I want to thank you specially for allowing Brian to come and to share some of what he knows.  It is my hope that the IFILM Program will keep on growing.because Brian has incredible material which I hope we will translate into video very soon.  

I know this cannot be done everywhere in the world but I hope it will be done in many places because it will be tremendously effective.

God bless you all. Let's keep on working to grow and share.
Galo
I-TEC / Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment