Mustard Seeds

Mustard Seeds

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Let's Be Real...

Let's be (slightly sarcastically) real... there are a lot of things we as single people get to do that others cannot. To make you more grateful for your singleness let's take a look at some of those things... with some selfies thrown in (because that just makes sense for a post about being single)...

1. Netflix binges. The other Friday night I was sitting on my couch thinking, "I should probably go to bed, that would be the responsible thing to do." Then, I realized I had no reason to be that responsible! So I watched another three episodes of "Top Gear UK." And I was content.
This is Mexico in the World Cup but still a TV binge.

2. Sleeping in. I love going to bed one day a week without setting an alarm. For some reason my body is like a teenager's and I can sleep for days. If I had another person in my room I wouldn't be able to sleep off my "Arrow" binges till 11 in the morning.
How I feel when I don't sleep enough...

3. Eating cereal for dinner. How many married men want their wives to say, "I don't want to cook and I am not that hungry. So I am going to eat cereal, and maybe some chocolate, for dinner"? Not many. So I happily eat whatever I want for dinner while I am still only responsible for my own food. 
Maybe onions are more your style... still not a complete meal.

4. Running around like a headless chicken. While I can, I overbook my life with ministry, friends, church, and the gym. Because I can! I don't have a single relationship (other than God, mind you) that I have to focus on daily. I see my roommates and friends a lot but our friendships are not affected if I sometimes only see them for ten minutes a week. I am basically free to fill up all my hours with things I love to do.
Selfies work with other people too. Out to dinner for Emma's Birthday.

5. Traveling. I love it. And sometimes at the last minute I find myself planning trips to places because my schedule is mine. We really need to realize how cool that is. To do what we want, when we want (within reason) on a whim. 
 Amazon Jungle!? Yes.

I totally understand that things like spontaneous trips to the beach, marathons of TV shows, and eating only a pile of veggies for dinner can be done (or even improved upon) when you are dating/married. I am just grateful that I get to do this all the time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment